Wednesday, August 27, 2008

“The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” -Rabindranath Tagore

“The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” -Rabindranath Tagore

Today is fun day in the firefly room for Jacob. He gets to wear his pajamas (he chose Batman), bring a treat (he picked out Tootsie Pops at Walgreens last nite), watch a movie (he claims it will be Underdog) and go through a jumper obstacle course!! What a day, I can't wait to see how it all goes and if he'll crash from exhaustion at 7 tonite!! (DOUBT IT) Last night he went to bed at 8:30- half hour earlier than what we have been working on. IF only I had an exciting day ahead to hold him to that bedtime every night. BUT 9 is at least better than 10-10:30 as it had been for most of the summer.

This morning he stood on the bed in his batman pajamas and declared "I AM BATMAN and I am here to save the day!" Shot his arms up in the air like he was going to fly. He fell forward and face planted on the bed, then mumbled into the pillow " Oh, I guess I forgot my cape....." My little comedian.

Meanwhile, Noah woke up smiling as usual. He did not get being happy in the morning from me!!! The first thing he said was "Mama, brush my teeth". He will brush his teeth for 30 minutes if you let him. Just loves it!!

He is speaking in his own sentences. I usually have to translate for most people but he has his typical ones-- "Mama, red-eee" When is is ready to go or trying to convince you to go somewhere other than being at home.
"I d-why-ve" (I drive) Grandma let him sit int he car one day and steer and now he loves to do this. He will scream the whole way home if he isn't allowed to drive for a few minutes first. We were at the children's museum a couple weekends ago and he drove a small car for 30 minutes.
"Wuv you", Tank you, Yea-cob (Jacob), etc. are just some of the many things he is saying right now.

No comments:

"Da Boys" back in 2007

"Da Boys" back in 2007