Thursday, December 11, 2008

Songs to remember....

I have always sang songs to my boys from the minute they were born. When Jacob was just a month or two old, Phil sang "Close to You" by the Carpenters
"Why do birds suddenly appear
Everytime you are near
Just like me they long to be--- close to you"
Whenever he would cry- all you had to do was sing that song and he would stop crying immediately. One time we had to sing it for the entire drive from Middleton to Monona- over and over again.

For Noah, he had a song that did the same thing. No matter how hard he was crying just sing - "Mockingbird" and he would stop.
"Hush little baby don't say a word......." Then I made up half the song...

Well, apparently Noah remembers that song. Last night while I rocked him, I sang to him. He looked up at me and said "sing mockingbird mama". I haven't sang that to him in ages!!!


The songs I used to/still sing to Jacob: Baby of Mine from Dumbo, Feels like Home by Randy Newman, Godspeed by Dixie Chicks

The songs I used to sing and still sing to Noah: Lullaby by Dixie Chicks, Baby of Mine from Dumbo, Feels like Home by Randy Newman

Thank god, neither really understand yet how bad my singing voice is!!!

No comments:

"Da Boys" back in 2007

"Da Boys" back in 2007