Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
--Robert Brault
Jacob has slept in his bed, ALONE, for 4 nights in a row. He has gone to sleep without me next to him for the first time in ages. He is proud of himself, and Phil and I are so proud of him. You see, Jacob has never been a good sleeper from day one. I would rock him as a babe, and place him in this crib where he would immediately open his eyes and be wide awake. He hasn't slept through the night more than 10 times in his whole 5 years. He still crawls in bed with us on a nightly basis, until this week.
But this great accomplishment on his part brings me some sadness too. I love our time together at the end of the day. While we are lying there, he tells me about his day. He says crazy, funny things that I should write down because I always forget them when I wake up in the morning. (I usually fall asleep before he does) This accomplishment just proves that he is growing up and that is so hard for me!!
I will make sure we still have this time together and then I will get out to allow him to be the big boy he is so proud of being........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Da Boys" back in 2007


No comments:
Post a Comment